- 28 March: The Reverend Francis Doughty settles the town of Maspeth.
- October: The Englishman John Throgmorton settles Throg's Neck.
- The Dutch Reformed congregation erects a new stone church in Fort Amsterdam.
- Cornelius Dicksen starts ferry service between Manhattan and Long Island.
- Religious dissenters from Massachusetts settle Gravesend.
- A treaty is signed between the Ducth and Indians at the home of Jonas Bronck to stop the conflict between the two; it does not hold.
|1641|| 17th century |